Saturday, September 8, 2007

How to embed YouTube and Google Video without breaking validation!

How to embed YouTube and Google Video without breaking validation!

By c.k.34 comments »
So, here’s the code for either one:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="[INSERT VIDEO URL FROM EMBED CODE PROVIDED HERE]" width="400" height="326"><param name="movie" value="[INSERT VIDEO URL FROM EMBED CODE PROVIDED HERE]" /><param name="FlashVars" value="playerMode=embedded" /></object>

Took a while to figure out, but it works. I originally tried the code mentioned in this article, but it kept breaking my site, so I trimmed it all down to the bare essentials. This works for me and my template. Let me know if it does / doesn’t work for yours in the comments. w00t!

Share and Enjoy (Netscape is at the top of the post):These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • del.icio.us

  • digg

  • Fark

  • Furl

  • Ma.gnolia

  • NewsVine

  • Reddit

  • YahooMyWeb
In: Blogging — September 10, 2006

No comments: