Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Abergil Regrets: "Now I’m sorry that I served in such army"

What is it with females in uniform. Is it a power trip? Not suited to being killers?

"I actually took care of the detainees," Abergil said Monday. "The army let me down. I risked my life and was wounded…and now I’m sorry that I served in such army."

Amplify’d from www.ynetnews.com
Israel News

Arab world 'disgusted' by IDF Facebook photos







Syrian press: Soldier's pictures with bound Palestinians 'express sadist culture of occupation'




Roee Nahmias






Published: 
08.17.10


Eden Abergil posing with Palestinians

Abergil told Ynet she was sorry if anyone was hurt.


 

"I actually took care of the detainees," she said Monday. "The army let me down. I risked my life and was wounded…and now I’m sorry that I served in such army."

The Adalah Legal Center for Arab Minority Rights in Israel also said it would demand a probe.


 


"The pictures are disgusting," said one of the center's attorneys, Hanin Noema. "These pictures are immoral, inhuman, and illegal. The Israeli army is a type of school for soldiers of this sort."



 

"These are degrading pictures highlight the mentality of the occupation, which boasts about belittling Palestinians," President Mahmoud Abbas' government was quoted as saying.



 

Syrian websites also carried the photos, under the heading: "An expression of the sadist culture of the occupation army: An Israeli soldier takes pleasure in the torture of Palestinians on Facebook."


 

The Lebanese As-Safir reported, "The derision and oppression of Palestinians has become new show-off material by occupation soldiers social networking sites."  
Syrian press condemned "the sadist culture of the occupation army."Read more at www.ynetnews.com
 

No comments: